Professional and Personal Goals
In 2014 I hope to grow both professionally and personally.
Here are my goals for 2014…publicly displayed so I always have reminders. Yikes!! There is no hiding from them.
Professional Goals for 2014:
- To work closely with teachers to support them in changing their practice.
- To read, read, read, articles and books that support me in my learning. I will dedicate at least 2 hours per week to professional reading and use this blog or anyone I can button-hold to reflect on my reading.
- From my earlier post on technology goals: select a new tool each month (KustomNote for January); join a Twitter Chat (#blendedlearning); host a google hangout; use my iPhone (Traffic Light and Sand Timer); check out Pinterest; skype; blog.
- Plan a conference for teachers that would showcase some of the innovative and exciting things teachers are doing at Taylor’s College.
- Have conversations with principals from all programmes at least bi-weekly so that I understand their teaching and learning needs.
- Get Walkthroughs started!
My Personal Goals:
- Become more organized: with my electronic filing; with my clothes closet; with my kitchen cupboards; with my desk and office.
- Get in shape: Swim at least once a week; Do yoga at least twice a week; Run at least twice a week; Zumba once a week; do weights three times a week; play tennis twice a week, ….Ouch!
- Read for recreation: My son is currently on parental leave and has set a goal to read one book a week! I certainly can’t match that but might be able to do ONE book a MONTH. My book for January, Wonder, by R. J. Palacio….a gift from my son.
- Travel: Bali is booked for The Educator’s Course at the Green School…can’t wait! (Way to merge professional and personal goals!). But I would like to visit Europe this year.
Whew!! I think that’s enough for now, don’t you?
The scary thing is that I will be reminded of these goals every time I visit this blog.
Happy New Year everyone…hope you are successful with your goals!